Looks like it’s just another day at the bakery. The delicious smell of baked goods permeates the office and makes it that much more difficult to concentrate. Our pastry chef Rodney Weddle is overseeing our employees who are pounding out pizza dough, shaping breads, decorating cakes, cooling brownies, and packaging macarons. The bakery is a nonstop whirl of organized chaos. Literally nonstop since it’s open and operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Everyone is excited and ready to move into the newer, shinier, and much bigger baking facility on North Nimitz Highway. There, the entire bakery will fit on one level and feature new appliances and gadgets. Just as importantly, we’ll all have our own expansive offices with fancy, official looking desks and comfy swivel seats. Unfortunately, construction is taking longer than expected so the move-in date has been postponed for a few months. The delay is forcing us to practice patience, but hey, anything worth having is worth waiting for, right? In the meantime, check out some of our mouth-watering goods today and every Thursday from 5pm to 7:30pm at the Kailua market. If that’s not enough of a distraction, please “like” our Facebook page and follow our tweets
- Cinnamon Roll: Gooey Glory
- Sourdough: Simple And Sophisticated
- Granola: Healthy and Wholesome
- Danish: Devilishly Delectable
- Palmiers: Puff Pastry Paradise
- Where In The World Is La Tour Bakehouse?
- Banh Mi: The Vietnamese Sandwich
- Cranberry Walnut Bread: Superhero And Super Scrumptious
- Brownies: Eating Under Their Influence
- Lavosh: Cracker Or Bread?